Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I'll take door #2 please....

Love me two times, baby 
Love me twice today 
Started with a pile of steaks, on the cheap
One for tomorrow 
One just for today 
Love me two times 
If you can, marinate them using some leftover bottle dressing in fridge. Any oil/vinegar based flavor works. 
Toss onto screaming hot grill
Work on a couple of sides... Slice up some mushrooms
Saute with butter, garlic and onion powders
Dump a bag of baby carrots into a sauce pan with an inch or so of water, bring to boil. Once tender, drain water and add a pat of butter and either 2TBSP brown sugar or herb of choice.
Check steaks on grill... realize that propane tank has run empty
Finish cooking in grill pan on stove
Serve with mushrooms and carrots. I cheated with a couple of heat and eat mashed potato thingies from grocery store...miscreants are "too good" for instant potatoes.   Camera decided this was last picture before SD card corruption occurred.
Love me one time 
I could not speak 
Love me one time 
Yeah, my knees got weak 
But love me two times, girl 
Last me all through the week 
After dinner, bagged up leftover steaks to use for part II, a few days later... once they forget they had steak already...
Using grilled (even slightly grilled) meat in another recipe adds a level of flavor.
Sliced up 3 bell peppers and half an onion. For flavor, 1 can of diced tomatoes, pepper, and Penzey's Southwest seasoning plus Cumin.
Put tomatoes and seasonings on bottom, stir, then add steaks
And peppers/onions.
Set crockpot for 4 hours on low. Shred meat, which is now very tender, can be done with forks. Add juice of one lime and or a bundle of cilantro if you have it. Meh if you don't.
Love me two times, babe 
Love me twice today 
Love me two times, babe 
Gather usual taco makings: tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
2nd easy meal.... they never knew what hit them.
Love me two times, babe 
'Cause I'm goin' away 





No comments:

Post a Comment