Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I'm Stomping on Sunshine

It's a dreary morning... rainy, I haven't had coffee yet and I'm cranky. 
I'll probably still be cranky later... better get dinner in crockpot...or it's pbj's for everyone tonight... as in everyone can make their own. Or not...my Care-O-Meter is broken.
Grab some stuff.... turkey sausage, 3 chicken quarters, 2 green peppers, bag of frozen corn, bag of sliced celery and onions. 
Grab spices and 2 "jalapeno cubes" for flavor.
Pour bag of dried beans into micro cooker, cover with water, cook on 100% power for 15 minutes.
Let sit in micro (about an hour) while getting kids off to school
and readying myself for work.
Start dumping everything into crockpot; along with 1 box of chicken broth
                                      
Rinse before adding half the beans. (Save other half bag in a ziploc in freezer for another day.)
Chicken on top
Set crockpot for 4 hours on low, walk away... don't make eye contact....
Oh.... that looks pretty good...
\
I'm walking on sunshine whoa
And don't it feel good hey alright now
Yeah.... that's the stuff.....

(Bread courtesy of this recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment