Saturday, March 22, 2014

Austrian Style Goulash

I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.- Mozart
Let's cook something with some Austrian flair

Goulash (slow cooked beef with paprika)
I mixed one small can tomato sauce
2 cups beef broth
4 pkts sweetener (stevia in this case)
1 small onion, sliced
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground pepper (black or color blend fine)
3 TBSP Paprika... I used Hungarian... because that is what I have.
Whisk into a slurry in the crockpot
Add in sliced onion and beef (I used stew beef, 2 @1+lb packages)
Set crockpot for HIGH for 4 hours, rock away
Once it was done cooking, I added 1TBSP guar gum to thicken. You could use a corn starch slurry instead. Serve with noodles, rice, spaetzle... in a low carb house, it's broccoli.

Everyone has a critic.... 2 out of my 3 critics gave it a thumbs up... I think it just didn't harmonize with that one's box of pop tarts before dinner.... 
Pack leftovers into lunch sized containers for "Grab and Go" mornings



No comments:

Post a Comment