Saturday, March 29, 2014

Self Control VS Give me ice cream

I'm pretty sure that Laura Branigan is singing about ice cream...
In the night, no control
Through the wall, something's breaking
Wearing white, as you're walkin'
Down the street, of my soul

At night time, I totally want ice cream... vanilla ice cream is as versatile as it is yummy....

You take my self, you take my self control
You got me livin' only for the night



 I, I live among the creatures of the night
I haven't got the will to try and fight

Creatures of the night... like chocolate... dark chocolate...hot fudge sauce....?

Against a new tomorrow, so I guess I'll just believe it
That tomorrow never comes

Unfortunately, tomorrow DOES come... so I must find some lower carb solutions to those night time cravings.... 
Above, I've mixed 2 melted dark choc bars (nuke at 50% power, first 1 min and stir, then in 30 second increments, stirring til smooth. Slowly add 1/4 c heavy whipping cream. Set aside. for 8 carbs total) For the ice cream, I've whisked:
2 C heavy whipping cream (0 carb)
2 C unsweetened coconut milk (2 carb)
3 tsp vanilla (0 carb)
4 TBSP Xylitol (0 carb)
4 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup (0 carb)
Read your labels for carb counts!! 
Add to ice cream maker til frozen
 First night, hot fudge sundaes with peanuts.... layer spoonfuls of the hot fudge with peanuts:



Freeze remaining ice cream. NOW, I'll admit that once frozen, this concoction loses it's "soft, ice creamy" texture. However.... chunking it into a couple of glasses and pouring diet root beer over doesn't suck.... which is why you need the straws...

 A safe night, I'm livin' in the forest of my dream
I know the night is not as it would seem
I must believe in somethin', so I'll make myself believe it
That this night will never go

Oh Oh Oh... Oh o Oh..... I would cut a bitch trying to take away my self- I mean ice cream...


No comments:

Post a Comment