Thursday, March 27, 2014

CBT Carb Back Thurday - Chicken Marsala

It was a dark and stormy night. Well, not exactly, but it was a Saturday and it was raining. I felt like cooking... more than my usual dump and run style. I did a little looking... hmm...Chicken Marsala takes a few minutes longer, but is still easy and so worth the "effort". 
“I had the urge to examine my life in another culture and move beyond what I knew.”

Dump 1 C flour into pan/dish and add ground pepper and either thyme or a spice blend with thyme in it. Either works. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Heat a few TBSP of oil in a pan. I used coconut oil. Turn chicken over, cooking both sides, set aside.
I sliced the mushrooms while I pan fried the chicken tenderloins
In another pan, I cooked some spinach angelhair til almost tender. Don't overcook!
“There is no technique, there is just the way to do it.

Now, are we going to measure or are we going to cook?”
Once all the chicken pieces are cooked, add 1/2 stick butter. Recipe I eyeballed called for 1 and 1/2 sticks. i just. couldn't. do. it. I also added 1/2 C of wine - I like the sweeter wines, so I added some Catawba. Let butter melt and mixture simmer for a couple of minutes.

Add mushrooms and cook until almost done; then add 2 or 3 good handfuls of fresh spinach as well as the cooked and drained angel hair noodles.
Add the chicken back to the pan to keep hot.
Toss up a salad and cut up some fresh fruit
Look Look! I made something special!!! 
And get a glass of that wine!


“Life offers you a thousand chances... all you have to do is take one.” 
― Frances MayesUnder the Tuscan Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment