Friday, September 6, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

Been off the blog awhile, life, kids, work, massive amounts of blah. So, time to climb back on the horse..


And I'm headin' out west sucker... because I wanna be a
Cowboy baby
With the top let back and the sunshine shining

With my blahs, I let my produce pile up, unused, and potentially about to waste - hate that! So pulled out all the fruits on hand... 
Sliced and dumped in a lighted sprayed cake pan. Found blueberries, dumped those in too! Preheated oven to 350'.
Sort of followed this recipe for a oatmeal crisp type coating.
I didn't melt the butter, just forked in the bowl with the dry ingredients and poured over top of fruit
Bake at 350' for about 50 mins, until golden brown and fruit bubbly.
My little cowpokes didn't want to wait for it to cool
So I served up, hot, with vanilla ice cream
Fruit Cocktail Cobbler
I bet you'll hear my whistle blowing when my train rolls in
It goes (whistle) like dust in the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment