Thursday, September 12, 2013

Produce Redemption, part 3

High from the fumes of not one, but 2, dessert aromas lingering in the air, I offered to cook for a few friends. And their kids. And my kids' friends. I had 2 desserts and still a ton of produce to deal with....

 Potatoes, cabbage, and a melon.
 Chop up cabbage and toss into pressure cooker. Recipe says shredded. Cutting cabbage finely makes a mess. If cooking in skillet, finer probably necessary. Recipe also called for red cabbage and I have green... pretty sure I'm only using this recipe for some sugar.
 I love sweet and sour cabbage. Especially a German style. Added 2 cups of water, set on high for 7 minutes. Or I will, closer to dinner time.
Since I'm grilling the meat, I'd rather grill as much of dinner as possible. Potatoes are great on the grill, in foil pouches. Drizzle olive oil on foil and cut up potatoes. Sprinkled with BBQ Penzey's.
 Cut up some new potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Rocky Mountain from Penzey's.
 Wrap up into pouches. Grill on low heat for about 45 mins, while cooking other parts of the meal.
 Fresh fruit is always rather nice as a side... time to slice up this honeydew....cause I lurve melon preparation.

 I can't watch this scene...
There. It's over with.
 Sliced eggplant into planks, for easier grilling. drizzled with olive oil and more of the Rocky Mountain.
Started grill, high heat on one side for the eggplant and then steaks,
potato pouches in the middle on low heat
chicken on other side with low heat
 Grilled meats and potatoes, rotating on cooking surface and above for indirect heat. Served potatoes right from pouches



After a big dinner, chilled outside for a bit
 Remember my 2 desserts?....
....like the end of a journey......


No comments:

Post a Comment