Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Just Want to be Inspired

Are you ready for some football??!??! After cooking for an army yesterday, I'm not wanting to spend too much time in kitchen. 1 hour, tops. Split 3 lb bag of chicken wings into 2 pans. Sprinkled them with seasonings and put into oven @400'. Start with 20 mins, then turn over. Another 20 mins, drain off juice. Then bake for about another 10 mins.
Dug out my triple crockpot madness.... I don't use this enough!

My dream is to make a trifecta of soups once the weather cools.

Crock 1 - cocktails weenies n bbq sauce. Dump in sausage, drizzle on sauce and stir. Embarrassingly easy. 

Add honey (1/2c) and mustard (1TBSP) to second crock. Add preferred wing sauce or other for 3rd crock. Stir wings and sauce to coat.
Crab dip. Easy. Plebian. Tasty. You could buy cocktail sauce, I usually have ingredients on hand and it tastes better.
Schmear cream cheese block across plate
Cocktail sauce:
1 C ketchup
1 - 2 TBSP horseradish
juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp white (or black) pepper
Spread on top of cream cheese
Chop up imitation crab meat, spread on top; serve with crackers
You had me at cocktail sauce

Ham and sweet pickle rollups
Usually I use sweet gherkins, store only had bread and butter. They'll work.
After smearing a bit of cream cheese, add pickles, and rollup. Use a toothpick to keep in place.
Closing in on the hour mark. Spread tortilla chips on tray, sprinkle with cheese, put in oven, still hot from wings. Mix 1 C sour cream and 1 C salsa for dipping.
Show me the nachos!!!
Sorry... game's on.
Ironically... our hometown team beat this team today... after this team WAS our hometown team. Go Rams!

No comments:

Post a Comment