Sunday, September 22, 2013

Reggae Rice

I have a massive soundworm going... now I'm going to share with you while assembling dinner...
Ooh, yeah! All right!
We're jammin'
O wanna jam it wid you.
We're jammin', jammin'
And I hop you like jammin, too.
Gonna be an easy one using pantry staples and freezer ingredients. In addition to crushed tomatoes and beef broth, I have a bag of peppers cut in half with seeds removed and a bag of browned ground beef.
 Lay peppers in large pan, this one is my favorite, a cheery splatter painted 9x13. I left open space for just the rice/meat/cheese for the non pepper eaters.
 I had planned to use the leftover chinese takeout rice, that no one USUALLY eats... but I didn't write, "touch this and die" on the box... so it's been tampered with. I can make up with a small batch of microwaved rice... but it does cut back on the super easy plan I had. Downgrade from Super Easy to Rather Easy.
Ain't no rules, ain't no vow, we can do it anyhow:
I'n'I will see you through,
'Cos everyday we pay the price with a little sacrifice
Jammin' til the jam is through.
 While extra rice is cooking in micro (1 cup rice, 2.5 cups water, 5 mins on 100% power, 12 mins on 50%)
Normal batch of rice (4+ cups) 2 cups rice, 4.5+ cups water, 5 mins on 100% power, 18 mins on 50%)
While rice is cooking, add frozen ground beef to pan with 2 cups beef broth and lg can of crushed tomatoes.
Add to pan with rice/beef/tomato mixture. (about 4 cups rice total). I added garlic and onion powder as well as cumin and Adobo seasonings. Stir together and then spoon onto pepper halves... and non peppered space.
We're jammin'-
To think that jammin' was a thing of the past;
We're jammin',
And I hope this jam is gonna last.
Cover with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for approx 30 minutes
We're jammin', we're jammin', we're jammin', we're jammin'
Hope you like jammin' too
Serve warm, with or without a dollop of sour cream.                                                                                    
Dinner? 


No comments:

Post a Comment