Saturday, June 22, 2013

Can you feel the Love tonight?

Friday night. It's hot. It's been "one of those" weeks. I already had my "freebie-no cook" night this week. I've had a phone call and a live inquiry as to FOOD. TONIGHT. WE'RE HUNGRY. You'd think I skip meals with these kids... like dinner is a rare and fleeting notion. I don't think I have children, but hyenas.

If I don't think of something quickly, my house will look more like a barnyard fight scene.


This. Is. Tempting.

However, that was the kids' choice for my "no cook" night. It is also tempting to just say, Hey, let's go drop $60+ on dinner... and then I think of where I want to go. There's a mom and pop joint (my favorite type of place) down the road where they serve awesome wings. Yeah, wings. Wait, I have wings in the freezer... and they're already paid for!

I crank up the grill, dump wings and seasoning in a pan. (Since it is hot out, I fix myself an adult milkshake. Gotta keep my cool!). This is gonna be EASY!!

My kids' favorite wing dressing is "honey mustard". I could buy some, but, really, it IS just HONEY and MUSTARD. I mix about 1/2 cup honey to 1TBSP mustard. My favorite is a local restaurant (mom and pop again) wing sauce. You could use buffalo, bbq, teriyaki, butter/garlic/parmesan sprinkles. Go with what you like!

Grill, while nursing adult milkshake, until crispy and brown. From frozen, these took me about 45 mins. I turned them over 3 times, about every 15 mins. Not labor intensive!

Remove from grill, and while still HOT, divide into the bowls with your sauces. The heat from the chicken turns the honey mustard into a lovely, sticky glaze.

Stir up the other bowl, with the wing sauce.

Serve with fresh fruit and maybe some adorable, summery watermelon cookies

No worries on what to do with the leftovers tonight!

My children took care of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment