Thursday, June 20, 2013

I see... Quesadillas!!

Don't look so frightened, Haley. It's just some leftover chicken... actually, this is the look I get from my miscreants when I answer the question, "What's for dinner?" with "Leftovers."

This look, of course, sends me a little... don't I do enough?  Did you know there are starving children somewhere who'd be HAPPY to have leftovers?!?!? Is it too much to ask for a little thanks? A little gratitude? From children? Um, yeah, pretty much.

To avoid ghosts of dinners past from wreaking havoc up in here, I RE-PURPOSE the evil dead aka "Leftovers" into something else. This chicken, leftover from "Chicken Philly Style" is going to be disguised as quesadillas.

You can do it in a large skillet, but kitchen gadget disordered as I am, we have one of these:

Grabbing a lime, bunch of cilantro, and adobo seasoning... (Cumin and garlic would also work).  I turn the flavor of the chicken from simply savory to BLAM! Southwest. Tex-Mex. Mucho Gusto. Call it what you want, smells like south of the border, leaving Philly far behind.


Gather assortment of tortillas and shredded cheeses

Lay tortilla in maker or skillet, spread on some of the chicken mixture and cheese, top with another tortilla. Apply heat...


 ...it smells like I'm cooking... they think I'm cooking.... I know I'm just standing here, thinking about a Margarita and their bedtimes.

Using a spatula, I move to a cutting board and use my pizza wheel to slice.

Sour cream, salsa, avocados, and tomato slices - the transformation is complete.


You don't have to be afraid of leftovers anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment