Monday, June 24, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away...

... right after dinner, anyway.  As sometimes happens, plans gotta change. I had intended to use up some produce and such to grill some Greek style kabobs and veggies. However, Mother Nature rolled through, at dinner time, thwarting my plans to grill.

In all fairness, however, I can't blame it all on Mother Nature. Instead of pulling out some steak from the freezer and marinating it along with some veggies, I skipped out and went to World Market for necessities... like torani syrups and a funnel cake kit.
Lunch at a mexi joint.

And a movie.


Really enjoyed Man of Steel, btw. Great effects, decent acting (much prefer Amy Adams to scraggly Margot Kidder as Lois Lane). Besides... um... yeah... I should keep talking about dinner...














We were driving home from the movie as it started to rain, and I couldn't help being a tad relieved. Still full from lunch and really not "feeling" the grilling vibe... or the urge to do much of anything. Time to improvise... I want one pot, low prep, fix and walk away. Dove into the freezer for thick sliced, seasoned pork chops.

Poked around the pantry for chicken broth and in the fridge for some veggies.

Chopped the veggies into bite sized chunks, drizzled with olive oil and seasoning used on the meat. Stirred up in a enamel covered, iron pot. Poured in about 3/4 cup chicken broth.

Multi tasking the appliances: pork chops defrosting in the micro, pre-heating oven to 350, bringing veggies and broth to a boil on the stove top.

Added defrosted pork chops to pot. Placed in oven for 1 hour.

Served with a pkg of "noodle mix". I said I was feeling lazy!

Easy, flavorful meal on a rainy night...

No comments:

Post a Comment