Friday, June 28, 2013

Chicken... what are the odds?

And so it begins...

"Mooooom!!! What's for dinner TONIGHT? I'm hungry. When will you be HOOOOOME???!??!"
Soon my darlings... and I volunteer chicken as dinner!

Don't look so excited. Please. Really. I love working all day, going to walmart, and racing home to feed your grateful, little faces...and just because I make chicken frequently doesn't mean I make the SAME chicken every time.

Crank up grill, fix adult frappe... suddenly I'm feeling much better... but they are apparently still expecting dinner... Pull mostly defrosted chicken legs from fridge

Season and toss on grill, LOOOW heat as they are still slight frozen. Turn every 15 mins, plan to sauce at 30 minute marker.

While first 15 mins of grill times is ticking, made a batch of slaw from bagged slaw mix.

Add diced cucumber, tomato, ham, and crumbled feta or goat cheese.

Stir with bottled salad dressing, I like Ken's Greek Dressing. Any Italian would work.

Drink more adult frappe... maybe top off from blender. Remember that it is Friday, no lunches to make and no hairstyle requiring hairspray in the AM.

Chicken legs have been on grill for @30 mins. Time to sauce. Mostly bbq but a couple with wing sauce for me. Why should only wings enjoy wing sauce?

During last 15 minute cook/baste time, prepare baked beans.

2 cans, drain off some of the liquid, gives them that thicker, slow cook consistency
2 TBSP bbq sauce of choice
heavy sprinkle of onion powder
microwave on high for 4:30

Get chicken from grill... all basted and glazed now...

Grabbed the leftover cut up pineapple from Hawaiian Chicken and in only an hour: Game On.

Judging by the game players and empty plates, I am declared the victor.





No comments:

Post a Comment