Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No crying over spilt milk... or milk that was left out

Uh oh.... who left the milk out?


Of course, I know who did and I didn't really ask out loud. The real question is what can I do with it? Oooh, tapioca pudding! Wait, I don't have any tapioca... and while I hate to waste anything, I'm not wasting a perfectly good, "I'm not getting out of my jammies" Sunday just to go get a box of tapioca.

Digging in the pantry... pudding! CHOCOLATE PUDDING! I didn't really follow a recipe, I frequently don't. 4 cups milk, 6 eggs, cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk like crazy. For those who really like a recipe, this looks pretty close and Tyler Florence is pretty cute.


It is 90+ degrees today... I'm not standing over a hot stove. I microwave, in 4 min, 50% intervals. Whisking between each nuke session.


 I added in some corn starch and another round of nuking, it had started to thicken up. One more 4 minute session, it was showing signs of spoon ready.


After a few hours in the fridge, where I whisked a few more times, my vat of pudding could turn in to dessert... and the promise of dessert always gets my children to the table...


... although, I may be setting myself up for finding the milk on the counter again. I don't think this punished the guilty.

1 comment: