Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicken - Philly Style

Now this is the story all about how $4 worth of chicken quarters became Philly Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches...

From a previous post, I did the prep work along with another meal.

So all I needed to do in the AM, was layer ingredients in crockpot.

Sprinkle on some seasoning (Rocky Mountain from Penzey's) and add peppers/onions. Set crockpot for 5 hours on low...

After 5 hours on low, and 4 hours on warm, the skin slides right off and the meat is falling off the bone. 8 chicken quarters took me about 10 mins to shred. Which is good, because I HATE this task... but $4 for 2 meals worth of meat, 1 effort? I'm in... so in. I'll re-purpose the leftovers later in the week.

Added peppers and onions from crock and toss in bowl. 

Topped with banana pepper rings and shredded Monterey Jack cheese... easy summer dinner.


Yo Homes, smell ya later!




No comments:

Post a Comment