Monday, August 12, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner? Show your wild side

Hey I heard you were a wild one
Ohhh
If I took you home
It'd be a home run
Show me how you'll do
I'll do choc chip pancakes for DINNER... that's right, I'm a wild one.  Rules aren't for me!
This is my fave pancake recipe. I usually add a tsp of vanilla or almond per batch. This recipe is good on it's own, but is easily changed up. 
 Getting a little crazy, adding choc chips. Since I'm making the mess anyway, I'm going to do a double batch of "plain" to add choc chips, and a batch of brown sugar and cinnamon too. (Added tsp pumpkin pie spice and substituted brown sugar for the white sugar in recipe. Easy. Not like voodoo or anything.)

Being kitchen appliance junkies, we have a griddle. Large griddle that my daughter requested as a bday present when she turned 11. I love this thing... have to hand wash, but it cleans up easily. If you don't have a griddle, a skillet does just fine. Since I'm doing a triple batch of pancakes, I figure I'd better go all out.
 I started with the brown sugar and cinnamon... adding butterscotch chips.
Then as I had poured out the brown sugar cinnamon batch, started on the choc chip.
I'm calling it... Babe Ruth style:


 And the fans went wild

No comments:

Post a Comment