Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Solid Gold, hey, hey

Another day at the office, another pork roast to save the day. What can I do to bring back the glitter? 
I've got the usual sweet potatoes and carrots that always go with a pork roast. I need a classic...
I've got it! Pork is yummly with a bit of sweet. I turned crockpot to High for 4 hours then added:
A heavy drizzle of olive oil
1 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Cup apricot or peach preserves
Allow crock to warm and then whisk together (helps dissolve the preserves)
I took a few mins to wake the miscreants, whisked the bottom of the crock, then layered in potatoes and carrots with roast on top. Then sprinkled on:
2 TBSP seasoning - in the case Fines Herbes
Reunited and it feels so good...
Let crockpot do its thing all day, come home to THIS:
Pull roast out onto cutting board, make sauce while meat rests
Sauce is EASY and FAST in the microwave. Ladle out 1-2 Cups broth/drippings from crockpot plus a pat or 2 of butter.
Create cornstarch slurry with 3 TBSP corn starch and 3 TBSP COLD water, stir with fork until smooth. Set aside. Microwave 2 Cups broth/butter pats for 3 minutes, should be bubbly hot. Slowly stream in the cornstarch slurry, while whisking. Voila`! Sauce.
I can't go cheatin honey, I can't play
I found it very hard to stay away
As we reminisce on precious moments like this
I'm glad we're back together 'cause I missed your kiss, hey, hey
Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And , sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited cause we're reunited, hey, hey...

No comments:

Post a Comment