Thursday, August 1, 2013

When dinner comes along, you must whip it

Whipping up a stir-fry is about the easiest thing ever.

 All you REALLY need is some soy sauce, rice, meat, and veggies. If you can keep a bottle of teriyaki sauce on hand, so much the better. Stir-fry usually ends up on my list because it is a good way to use up veggies before they go bad and "Stir-Fry AGAIN??" said no one ever. Another feature is that rice cooks up in about the same amount of time... makes for a quick dinner. Here are some ingredients that make a great stir-fry
 You can also use zucchini, fresh or canned pineapple, sprouts, mushrooms, and eggplant. Put what you want into it, it's your stir-fry. I don't feel like hand-washing and oiling my stove top wok... so big, dishwasher-safe skillet it is. Drizzle of sesame or canola oil, add frozen chicken breasts, and pepper, white pepper if you have it.
 Slice some thick slices of fresh ginger (could sprinkle in ground). I use thick slices as I want flavor and aroma and I plan to take these slices back out. Much like bay leaves in soup.
 I cut up carrots and broccoli
 And peppers, put in bowl while chicken cooks.
I put together basic batch of rice in micro cooker:
1.5 C rice
3.5 C water
5 mins on 100% power
15 mins on 50% power
Dinner is about whipped into shape, remove chicken from skillet
 Add vegetables
 While vegetables begin cooking, cut chicken up to be added back in - just not yet
Once veggies are tender, but NOT mushy, add chicken
 And either soy and teriyaki sauce, or some of this.
Stir and let simmer, on low heat, for several more minutes. By request, I added a can of baby corn.
Dinner, I say whip it, whip it good

No comments:

Post a Comment