Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lookin' for some hot stuff baby this evenin'



It's new recipe night...not sure I'm up for it, but I did thaw the meat. Pulling out a cookbook that helped me make my meal plan:
Looks simple enough... and didn't require any "odd" ingredients! Good thing too... it's Friday night, been another Loooong week and I've been up since 5:30 (after going to bed at 2am lol), and I am just beat.

She works hard for the money...
So hard for it honey
She works hard for the money so you'd better treat her right...
I had to convince myself, a little, that this meal was the same amount of as effort vs cost of "out" food. Yes, I am that pathetic on low sleep. I pulled out some stew beef, @3.5lbs.
 Sliced up half an onion and tossed in pressure cooker with the beef.
 Added:
1 C water
1 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 Splenda (or sugar)
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
1 TBSP Bavarian seasoning
Set pressure cooker for 60 minutes on high. (Could use crockpot, 4 hours on high, few hours on warm).
While meat was cooking, nuked some rice... the usual deal
1.5 C long grain rice
3.5 C water
5 mins on 100% power
15 mins on 50% power
 Got anxious when the timer got to zero, popped the "vent" button... hot stuff! I had to wipe my ceiling!
The house was FILLED with an awesome aroma!! Beefy, tart apple cider vinegar, and the Bavarian spices... kids were gnawing at the bit - WHEN IS DINNER, MOM???


Dinner is now:


Sauerbraten is going to make the dinner rotation list...  oops- did forget to add the sour cream after cooking... didn't miss it! Maybe we'll try that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment