Friday, August 2, 2013

The Return of the King

Thursdays are Fajita Thursday. All hail the king of Thursday Crockpot Dishes... All hail the Return of the King.
Now when I think of Fajitas, I think of Viggo.... this is working out even better than I planned.
Because I keep a list on the fridge of upcoming meals, I'm able to combine prep work too. While cutting up bell peppers for stir-fry, I also cut up peppers and onions for tonight's fajitas. (As well as cabbage and potatoes for the pork roast.)
Hate prepping peppers? I used to... then I learned to do it this way:
 Cut into pepper, as if it was a square, and not a round. Four cuts around pepper
 Then square off the bottom. Trim the inside as needed. Notice the seeds stayed in the core of the pepper.. easy peasy. Repeat for all peppers, plus an onion. Bag it and put back in fridge because, it's only Tuesday.
Finally, it's Thursday
Time to put everything in the crockpot, my precioussss crockpot
 Boneless chicken breasts (3lbs), juice of one lime, 1 bundle of cilantro, bag of peppers and onions, liberal amounts of Adobo and cumin.
 I just realized that while largely unattended, crockpot fajitas cook in about the same amount of time it takes to watch the LOTR trilogy... which would be pretty wise to plan around... prepare dinner, turn crockpot on low for 4 hours (and on warm for 4-5), watch LOTR all day, when the king returns it's time to eat.


 Once cooked, use 2 forks to shred chicken breasts... juicy, tender, flavorful
 Wrap in tortillas and add sour cream and or salsa.

The leftovers make excellent quesadillas... perfect for elevensies



No comments:

Post a Comment