Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's all in the skillet

I need a hero just in time
save me just in time
save me just in time...


As a working mom, who happens to work in I.T. (think oncall support... as in not much of a life every 3rd week and as devoted to my phone as this chick is to her fella...)...
...I sometimes have to work while doing anything and everything, including meal preparation so I can
Tonight was one of those nights... and I hadn't done my usual planning (blame it on post vacation depression). I needed something I could put together, but didn't need to babysit, and went into ONE dish...

Gathered up frozen green beans, corn, and peas/carrots, yellow squash, potatoes, turkey sausage...check on work.

Heat up 2TBSP oil in skillet on stove. Chop potatoes and squash into bite-sized pieces, add to skillet along with green beans. Dice up a bit of onion and/or tomato and toss in. Check on work.

Once potatoes start to soften and squash and green beans getting tender, add frozen corn, peas/carrots. Check on work.

Season with favorite spice blend, stir, and simmer, while slicing up turkey sausage. Check on work.

Give skillet a stir. Check on work.

Add sausage and cover. Reduce heat to almost "low". Stir. Check on work.

Let simmer for 5-10 more minutes heating sausage. Feed the masses. Check on work.


No comments:

Post a Comment