Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This just might be a giant of a soup

After an odd cool down, in July, in the Midwest, our regularly scheduled program of "America's Favorite Food: Charred Animal Flesh" was rescheduled....
Another Friday night, another long week in the barrel...
So let's keep this as low effort as possible, shall we?
I'm your only friend
I'm not your only friend
But I'm a glowing friend
But really I'm not actually your friend
But I am... oh how I love this gadget...
Dig out some soup ingredients
 Chop celery (most of a small heart)
 Slice carrots (2 very large)
 Layer in pressure cooker with 3 or 4 lop-sided, no 2 the same size chicken breasts because you bought the cheap ones... but hey, they taste the same!

 ...then add seasoning.
 Pour enough chicken broth to cover ingredients.
Cook on high for 20 minutes, remove chicken, and add half bag of egg or other noodle.
 Stir and set pressure cooker to "brown" for about 5 mins. While noodles are cooking, chop chicken.
 Add back to pressure cooker
Classic Chicken Soup is always welcome on my table.
Not to put too fine a point on it
Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

No comments:

Post a Comment