Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weds night dinner party? Why not?

Ended up with a couple of extra dinner guests... it's a Wednesday... I have wine...
 Added a couple of chicken breasts to the steak I had thawed. Rubbed with olive oil and seasoning.
Removed the silk and placed corn in sink to soak, this helps prevent the husks from actually burning (experience).

Cut up some sweet potatoes and drizzled with olive oil and seasoning.

Shall I put it all on the grill?
Put everything on grill... so I can think about keeping an eye on it... while we crack open the wine
Opened the wine and cut up some cheese and fruits
While nibbling on this (and to it more cheese, more fruit, and pita chips were added...) I didn't pay as close attention to the pictures I was taking as I usually do... but I did open another bottle of wine... and this is the last of the pictures I took of dinner.
Next time, maybe I should grill and THEN break out the vino...
The food was good, the wine crisp, and the conversation better... yes, more Weds night dinner parties please....

No comments:

Post a Comment