Thursday, July 11, 2013

Seven Days for Seven Dinners; pt2

Pressure on people people on streets
Chippin' around - kick my brains around the floor
These are the days it never rains but it pours

UNDER PRESSURE

Arrive home from work, hair on fire and the clocking ticking at double time, throw still-slightly-frozen beef roast in pressure cooker. I have never used a pressure cooker much, but am willing to give it a try... even with a $15 cut of meat. (on sale from $21, I might add...but I digress...) Still working off "my list" til Tuesday...
Gathered my flavors - simple tonight.
Doused meat with broth, pepperoncinis and juice, and Italian mix
Cranked down the lid, put on high for 60 minutes
After the timer went off, and it had time to "steam off", I pulled out and onto a cutting board.
 Started to slice, not quite fork tender, but easily sliced. Smells fantastic though! Since we weren't quite ready to sit down to dinner - I was on phone for work and one kid still at baseball I decided to put back in for 10 minutes. (could do this in crockpot for 8 hours on low)
While that was going, I grabbed the salad making ingredients. Remember that basic salad? Yeah, well, the teenage boy remembered it too.. so I had to stop by store- gasp! Sent daughter so that's all SHE bought!
Added the leftover grilled peppers and onions and the rest of the feta cheese from the Greek steak salads
Tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette
After the timer beeped, I twisted the valve to let off the steam and the meat is closer to fork tender. And the natives are singing for their supper.
Topped some with cheese, pepper jack if you please
Now this is something to sing about


No comments:

Post a Comment