Friday, July 26, 2013

Seven Days for Seven Dinners; pt7

So, after some planning, 6 nights of dinners using what I had on had, a disastrous attempt to get my 13yo away from the xbox...
.... my list looks like this:
Since we had to get pizza last night, I didn't feel "right" doing the pizzas from the freezer. It was close though. Checked the master list of what was on hand:
3 pkgs ground turkey
2 meals pork steaks
1 beef roast
1 steak (1.8lbs)
1 meatloaf
1 meal turkey legs
1 meal chicken legs
1 small boneless ham
1 partial bone in ham
1 meal (+pkg of cheese dogs) burger patties from store
1 meal (+leftovers) burger patties from last "warehouse" run
1 ziploc cut-up steak, seasoned for stir fry
2 slabs ribs
2 pizzas (emergency rations)
1 orange chicken kit (emergency rations) (add broccoli to make it "healthy" haha)

Did you see Meatloaf???

Meatloaf is totally doable in the crockpot! I won't feel like cooking tonight, at all. I already have tons of stuff to do. Tonight is my produce pick up and start shopping night... low effort and easy cleanup is perfect.
Put in crockpot, frozen,
on low heat setting, for 4 hours of cook time, but I won't be back til around the 9 hour mark. It may look a little "bland", however, it's nothing a little ketchup can't spruce up
 Lifted out with a couple of spatulas and smeared with ketchup
 Remember those sweet potatoes from the turkey leg disaster? I mashed them up with a pat of butter, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and juice from 1/2 a lime...

Though it's cold and lonely in the deep, dark night....
I can see paradise by the crockpot light....



No comments:

Post a Comment