Saturday, July 13, 2013

Seven Days for Seven Dinners; pt3

It's Friday Night. I usually don't "cook" on Friday night... after a long week of work, support calls, baseball games, Friday night is MY night... cooking is

But part of making lists and meal planning are sticking to that list... and I'm a gonna do it
Not sure if it's really THAT special, but I did plan a rather easy dish for tonight... beef and broccoli stir-fry... and here are the ingredients... beef and broccoli.
I added marinade  (No I don't buy 4 bottles at a time, Yes I actually had this stuff on hand.) to the meat prior to freezing, so no real work there... dump in hot wok (or a large skillet):
Toss together a batch of rice, I used jasmine this time:
1.5 C rice
3.5 C water
Microwave for 5 mins at 100% power
Microwave for 15 mins at 50% power.
While beef starts to cook, cut the florets off the stems
  
 
Add broccoli to wok (or large skillet):
Stir-fry until meat is no longer pink, broccoli getting soft, but not mushy. Concoct a slurry of @3TBSP corn starch and 1/4 C COLD water. Stir until smooth, add to wok (or large skillet):
Mixture will thicken juices into a sauce:

Serve with the rice:
Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment