Friday, July 26, 2013

Seven Days for Seven Dinners; pt6

Night 6 of 7, I'm going strong... unplanned but rescheduled baseball game for the 7yo is NOT going to thwart or delay dinner! Hey, 13yo son... time to be a man
Gathered up the rest of the sweet potatoes
Washed up, wrapped in foil
 Discount turkey legs... $12 worth I might add
 Rubbed with olive oil and spices
 Turned grill down to medium low heat... asked my 13yo to turn them every 15 minutes while I took 7yo to baseball game. I'll be gone about an hour. I checked with him every 15 - 20 mins... did you turn them? Yes, Yes, Yes...
 Then it rained a bit... rain delay. And the 13yo stopped answering his phone. Then they let the littles play longer... I was gone 2+ hours....
 At about the hour mark, I asked 13yo, "How do they look?" "I dunno..." probably because he was on that infernal xbox... and not paying any attention to our dinner...  I kinda poked them a bit... searching for something to salvage... groused at 13yo and pictured xbox... in the bathtub...

so much for trying to either delegate....
Look how the bones are charred and breaking off!!! GAHHHH!!!!
 OR trying not to eat at 8:30pm... or "out" food... 8:30 is the time I got home from here, sigh:


No comments:

Post a Comment