Sunday, July 14, 2013

Seven Days for Seven Dinners; pt4

Baseball in the morning. I'm sitting there in my quad chair, "admiring" how every grassy surface in sight is COVERED with clover. I look down towards my feet... bees. No, BEES. TONS of them.
I watch the littles playing ball in the infield... glad they're not stomping around in the clover/bee covered outfield. Thankfully, none of the kids got stung. nope. Me. On the way to the car. Flew into my sandal and stung me... under my toe.
After whimpering about a bit at home, I sucked it up and took the kids to a local pool. A little sun and water makes it better, right?
Foot all better now.. and what is it about the pool that makes everyone STARVING??!?! Luckily, I had pulled my last bag of hamburger patties and a pkg of dogs and put in fridge to thaw. Toss burgers on grill first:
This is how I imagine myself, on my deck, grilling it up:
If you were to ask my neighbors, I probably look more like this:
Throw together a couple of sides:
For the bean salad, 2 bean as no one here likes those big, yucky, kidney/red beans:
3 cans beans, wax and green, drained
1 C vinegar, white or cider, your choice
handful of diced red onion (made salad at same time, along with tomato slices for burgers. One messy cutting board, sides for 2+ meals)
1TBSP dry dressing mix. I used my fave from Penzey's:
Toss hot dogs on grill with burger, turn burgers.
For the baked beans, I love that thickened, oven baked texture, but rarely have the time. I drain most of the liquid off, add onion powder and bbq sauce, microwave for 5 mins... it thickens up nicely.
Remove burgers and dogs from grill.
Sound the dinner bell
By grilling more than we needed, we also have plenty for lunches tomorrow, a day when they'll all be home... and I'm sure they'll be hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment